Currently, there are many models and brands of capsule coffee machines, and if you are looking to buy yours, you can feel very overwhelmed with so many possibilities. But don’t worry, you’ve reached the right place.
Top 4 Best
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- Auto-off: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy.
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute.
- 【Start A Simple Coffee Life-Single Serve Coffee Maker】CHULUX one cup coffee machine is easy to operate and clean, compatible with most single cup pods and refillable coffee filters. You only need to wait 3 minutes to enjoy you delicious hot coffee. This compact coffee brewer can accompany with you in every travel.
- 【Enjoy Single Coffee Time-12oz Capacity & 3mins Brewing】The max water capacity is 12oz, and the height of water outlet is matched with your cup, which is between 3.4 in to 5.3 in (without dripping tray). With the powerful pumping system, the coffee temperature can reach 160 ℉, you just wait 3mins, then can enjoy your hot fragrant coffee.
- 【Save Your Time and Labour-Easy to Operation & Clean】One touch operation, you just need fill with 12oz water (Not less than 5oz), then install single coffee cup capsule or a cup filter with coffee ground, last press the button is OK. After finish brewing, the coffee will automatically flowing into the cup and auto shut off. Removable drip tray is easy to clean.
- 【Save Your Space- Compact Size & Light Weight】Size-5.12" W x 8.9"D x 9.7" H, Net Weight-2.8 LBS. This coffee machine saves counter space, which is very suitable for small places, like room, office, RV, hotel, apartment. You can conveniently carry in your every trip.
- 【A Happy Drinking Coffee Experience 】The water tank is made of BPA-Free safe material, let brew coffee more safe. Please clean the cup coffee maker following manual regularly to enjoy a better coffee time.
- The Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio 2 is an automatic capsule coffee machine, designed to perfectly fit your single cup, black and specialty coffee brewing needs with a small footprint
- COFFEE HOUSE INSPIRED DRINKS - Explore the wide variety of decadent flavors and coffee house inspired drinks offered by the Nescafe Dolce Gusto capsule-based coffee machine. With 15 flavor varieties, choose from authentic Espresso, Americano, Cappuccino, Latte, and more.
- EASY INTERFACE - Use the toggle-stick to adjust the LED display controlling the size and intensity of your coffee, Match the LED bars to the bars on your Dolce Gusto capsule, position the toggle stick to either hot or cold, and brew.
- PRESSURE BASED SYSTEM – The Genio 2’s 15 bars of pressure allows high level extraction for optimal flavor, aroma, and body delivered consistently in every cup
- ULTIMATE COFFEE FRESHNESS - After spending our time crafting the perfect coffee, we then hermetically seal the capsule to prevent humidity and oxygen from damaging our coffee. This proprietary technology ensures an intensely aromatic and fresh cup every time.
- AUTOMATIC COFFEE/ESPRESSO MACHINE: Create barista grade brewed single serve coffee or espresso cups at the touch of a single button. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only
- VERSATILE COFFEE MAKER: Brew 5 different cup sizes at the touch of a button - Espresso (1.35 oz), Double Espresso (2.7 oz), Gran Lungo (5 oz), Coffee (7.7 oz) and Alto (14 oz). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee and latte drinks
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Brew the perfect single serve coffee or espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso's Centrifusion technology using barcodes to deliver the best in-cup results including the perfect crema for large coffee cup sizes
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
- FEATURES: Includes 40 oz water removable water tank for no hassle refilling. Fast heat up time of only 15 seconds. There is an energy-saving automatic shut off at 9 minutes of inactivity
Next, I will tell you the 4 most important factors that you must take into account when buying your capsule coffee machine.
This factor refers to the quantity and type of drinks that can be prepared with a capsule coffee machine, and also describes the ease of preparation and the quality of the products obtained.
For the uninitiated, this type of device has a very fast and simple operation, so simply insert a capsule into the machine and activate the dispensing button to obtain an excellent espresso.
The capsules are single-dose coffee powder enclosed in a small rigid aluminum or plastic container: the advantage of using them is that the coffee is not only dosed but also very fresh, since the capsule always remains well sealed.
A small drawback of these coffee machines, on the other hand, is that, although the initial purchase is not always necessarily expensive, they work exclusively with the capsules, which are quite expensive.
In addition, this type of coffee maker, unlike other types of coffee machines, does not allow any customization of the type of drink to be prepared, since the capsules are already portioned and sealed. Therefore, the choice of drink should be made when the capsules are purchased.
Let’s see what are the drinks that can be prepared with a capsule coffee machine :
Espresso and long coffee: Many of the capsule coffee machines are born with the sole purpose of preparing a perfect espresso. This can be standard or slightly more, depending on user preferences, who can generally choose between the two drinks by pressing a special button.
Barley, ginseng coffee, and other drinks: There are different types of capsules on the market to prepare the most varied drinks, from flavored coffee in various flavors, to cappuccinos, coffee with barley, and ginseng and many others. However, it is necessary to check if the machine accepts the desired drinks, even at the structure level (the models dedicated exclusively to the preparation of coffee, in fact, have a structure that does not allow the use of cups higher than that of espresso, which makes logistically impossible, for example, the preparation of a cappuccino or a long drink )
Cappuccino: Not all capsule machines allow you to make cappuccino, and conversely, this is not a very frequent option. There are no machines that include a “classic Panarello”, so the cappuccino can only be prepared in two cases. The first is that the machine serves to prepare multiple drinks, in which it is possible to insert the pre-packed cappuccino capsule (whose consistency, we must say, is not among the best). The second, instead, provides an automatic cappuccinatore that can be incorporated into the body of the machine in the form of a container with a pump that sucks the milk and mounts it in soft foam, or an external container that performs the same operation, two ideal solutions for an Excellent creamy cappuccino.
It should also be noted that some capsule coffee maker include ” welcome packs “, ie packages with a variable number of capsules, to allow the user to start using the machine immediately or to be able to try different varieties of capsules and then buy the one you prefer.
In addition to most of the structure, the aesthetic aspect is also a very important element to consider when choosing a capsule coffee maker, as these appliances are real design objects.
Producers try to make capsule coffee machines with increasingly modern, attractive and elegant shapes: therefore, it will be necessary to choose not only the model that best suits your space needs, but you can also select the one that best suits your personal tastes or more suitable for your kitchen, home, or office furniture.
When used exclusively for espresso preparation, the capsule coffee machines are always very compact and allow very simple placement in different types of environments. They are also usually available in large color ranges.
Machines that also includes cappuccino brewing are generally taller and have a higher tonnage than those just described.
A measure that is important to verify, in the case of evaluating the purchase of a capsule coffee machine equipped with the automatic ejection system of the used capsule is the width of the container that collects them: very small containers require more frequent intervention by the user part to empty them so they can use the machine again.
Since you may have already had the opportunity to read if you are interested in buying a capsule coffee machine or an automatic coffee machine, the pressure is a decisive characteristic in determining the quality and flavor of coffee produced by a coffee maker.
Capsule coffee machines are no exception: pressure is an important element to consider when buying as it determines the quality of the coffee produced with your machine.
Here is a brief categorization of the pressure levels that can be found in coffee machines, with a description of the quality of the coffee they can produce:
- Less than 12 bar: this amount of pressure is not considered adequate to produce a good espresso coffee, the extraction of which must be done quickly and with a certain jet of energy, otherwise the aroma of the coffee will be inconsistent.
- Between 12 and 15 bars: it is the average pressure range that professionals in the sector identify as optimal for obtaining a good espresso coffee. Most good quality coffee makers reach the maximum value in this range or 15 bars.
- From 15 to 19 bars: These are the coffee machines that produce the espresso with the strongest and richest aroma possible and, especially those with 19 pressure bars are generally priced higher, even if they do not include the preparation of other drinks. like cappuccino or special functions. What you pay, in this case, is the high quality of the coffee produced.
The different functions of a capsule coffee machine must be considered taking into account the fact that they affect the ease of use and versatility of the appliance, which also influences the final price at which these products are sold.
Some functions refer to the preparation of drinks and are as follows :
- Amount of coffee: it is possible to program the level of coffee you want to obtain in the cup, both for espresso and long coffee.
- Hot / Cold: Some machines have a hot/cold selector lever to perfectly prepare drinks that require the use of hot or cold water.
- Memory: the possibility to personalize and remember your favorite drinks by varying the amount of coffee or milk you want.
- Automatic cappuccinatore – Some models require that cappuccino brewing be fully automatic, and therefore the user only needs to press a button and put the cup and/or milk containers in place.
Instead, other functions refer to the general operating mechanism of the coffee machine. Here is a list of these features :
- Automatic shutdown: adjustable by the user, with a time that varies from a few minutes to an hour or so since the last coffee produced, depending on the model.
- Rapid heating: on some models, the boiler heats up in moments and the machine is ready for immediate use, even when it is switched on.
- Automatic dispensing stop: the coffee maker cuts off the water supply for the beverage being prepared.
4. Practicality of Use
The last deciding factor in buying a capsule coffee maker is its ease of use, important to keep in mind to realize how much time and effort you will need to spend on your appliance, especially considering that these machines are used on a daily basis, often even several times during the same day.
First of all, it must be said that the capsule the coffee maker is, by its operational nature, a very practical machine that, in fact, is the ideal option for those situations of use, such as shared use by many people in an office, where it is It is necessary to have a machine that is not bulky, clean and easy to keep in order and that does not require long coffee preparation times.
Then there are some features that make a capsule coffee maker even more practical, and they are as follows:
- Automatic capsule ejection: Some models automatically eject the used capsule, so they do not require the user to reopen the machine and empty the compartment where the capsule is placed.
- Cable Compartment – Some devices offer the ability to adjust the length of the cable and “hide” it is a convenient dedicated compartment.
- Large Capacity Containers: If the drip tray and the one that collects rejected capsules have a good capacity, it will not be necessary to intervene frequently to keep the machine in good condition.
Other factors to consider when choosing a capsule coffee maker
Are the materials important?
The material is not such an important element since almost all capsule coffee machines are produced with the same materials: the most robust and robust models have external structures in metal alloys, others with a lower price use resistant plastics.
In our opinion, both options are valid, clearly bearing in mind that a cheaper coffee maker built with plastic materials can become opaque and subject to wear faster than a steel model.
However, in the case of capsule coffee makers, as we have already seen in the paragraph dedicated to design and structure, it is also, and above all, the style in which they are produced that influences consumer choices. Since these devices are today, they are considered real design objects to match the furniture and taste of the office or home.
Is the brand important?
The range of capsule coffee machines is dominated by an industry leader, Nestlé, which produces two lines of coffee: Nespresso (specialized in capsules for espresso and long coffee ) and Nescafé (dedicated to coffee and other powdered drinks soluble).
This coffee a producer has chosen to combine its Nescafé and Nespresso line of beverages with well-known coffee machine manufacturers such as Krups and De’Longhi, creating capsule coffee machines that take advantage of the uniqueness of these producers.
There are also other capsule coffee machines from well-known brands, such as Lavazza, which has created its own line of the capsule and household appliances, Bialetti and Illy.
Our advice is to always trust well-known companies to guarantee the purchase of an efficient and safe appliance, produced with quality materials by high-level technical personnel.
Relying on a serious and well-known company will also make it easier to seek technical assistance or customer service, should you need help.
How much capsule coffee Machine cost?
The price range for capsule coffee machines currently on the market varies from a low of around $ 70 to around $ 300, or even exceeding them.
The price difference lies, as can probably be deduced from the paragraphs related to the decisive factors in the choice of the machine itself, in some functional and structural characteristics such as, for example, the value of the pressure generated by the product, but also in elements such as the number and quality of drinks that can be prepared.
If many years ago many users were discouraged from buying capsule coffee machines because these appliances, even when they were sold at very affordable prices, forced them to buy the capsules, which had to be necessarily from the manufacturer of the machine and generally had prohibitive prices.
Today the situation is very different. In addition to the capsules from the same coffee machine manufacturer, it is also possible to use with most machines, capsules compatible with other manufacturers, which can often also be found in the economical price range and will save you quite a bit of money.