What is the best pour over coffee maker ?
It allows you to brew an excellent cup of Coffee in few minutes
It precise and smooth water flow in making drip coffee and pouring over tea
Stainless Still with 5 temperature, automatic Shutoff and Memory Function
The pour over coffee maker, which allows you to have hot water quickly available is used daily. It is appreciated for its ease of use, whether it is to prepare coffee, tea or even an infusion.
Today there are many models that stand out for their design and options.
So that you can choose the model that suits you best, we invite you to discover a comparative table of the best pour over coffee maker followed by our opinion on the most interesting models on the market.
Then, you will discover the advantages and disadvantages of the pour over coffee as well as the methods to properly maintain your appliance.
You can also read the criteria for choosing the best pour over coffee maker. You will discover the different types of heating, the design, the material, and the coating and all the characteristics of this device.
Our Opinion On The Best Pour Over Coffee Maker
Taking into account the various selection criteria, we have selected here the best pour over coffees of the moment!
- Pour over Coffee: manual pour over Coffee maker allows you to brew an excellent cup of Coffee in minutes
- Stainless steel: includes a Permanent, stainless steel mesh filter that helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filter
- Coffee carafe: made of durable, heat-resistant borosilicate glass with Cork Band detailing that is both functional and elegant
- Quick and easy: simply add coarse ground Coffee to filter, pour a small amount of water in a circular motion over ground Coffee until soaked then add the remaining water and let drip
- Servings: pour over Coffee maker makes 8 cups of Coffee, 4 oz each; dishwasher safe
- PERFECT GOOSENECK SPOUT: Chefbar pour over tea kettle is designed with a precise gooseneck spout nozzle to help you control the water flow. Precise and smooth water flow is essential in making drip coffee and pouring over tea. Pour the right amount of water and pour at the right speed for consistent coffee extraction.
- PREMIUM QUALITY & PERFECT SIZE: This 1 Liter, 4-cup size tea kettle is made of premium 304 food grade stainless steel, making it more durable and rust resistant, yet still light-weighted.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE DESIGN: Goose neck water kettle with hot-resistant Bakelite handle, you can lift the handle up when boiling water and keep the flame on the bottom. Also, the slip-resistant grip ensure that the kettle does not slip when you are pouring.
- STOVE TOP KETTLE: This stovetop kettle is applicable for induction cooker, electric furnace, gas, and natural gas stovetops. Please be careful when use it on open fire. Please use this tea kettle over small or medium heat, it heats extremely fast and saves energy.
- Risk Free Purchase: 18-Months Money Back Guarantee. Our 100% satisfaction promise means we are devoted to delivering maximum joy. Whether it is a refund or just some friendly assistance we’re always there to help!
- Turning Off The Ready Tone: The kettle features a ready tone that beep 3 times when the water reached the preset temperature. If you don't want this beep alert. You can press and hold "HOLD TEMP" for 8 seconds to turn beeps on/off
- The Purest Taste: The kettle is made with 100% food-grade stainless steel in its housing, lid, and spout, with no Teflon or chemical linings, which keeps the perfect taste for your coffee and tea
- Precise Pouring: The COSORI's precision pour spout is designed for the optimal pour-over flow rate. The counterbalanced handle helps keep your pour steady, handle moves the center of mass back towards your hand - encouraging a more comfortable, slower pour. Pair our pour over coffee maker (search for CO148-CM) for the perfect brew
- Quick Heating: The 1200 watts of power boils a full kettle in just 3-5 minutes, meaning you can enjoy a cup of coffee in no time. Stop wasting your time in front of the microwave or stove. A 1-hour keep warm function means hot water is always on standby
- Safe Tech & Auto Shut Off: Features British STRIX thermostat technology, auto shut-off after the water get your desired temperature. Boil-dry safety feature where it turns off if it detects there is no water inside
- Enjoy exceptional coffee at home. This kettle is the Lamborghini of the coffee world. ‘Won’t it make me look like one of those ridiculous hipsters?’ Nope, you’ll just be drinking better coffee and looking like a pro while you’re making it
- Engineered in premium-grade stainless steel with a gooseneck spout for steady water flow (essential for hand drip perfection). It’s the first kettle with a unique triple-layer base so it works on all stovetops and stays rust-free and safe for decades
- Burnt coffee makes everyone sad. When water is too hot it scorches your precious beans. Too cold and you’ll never reach the full flavor potential. The built-in temperature gauge eliminates guesswork and disappointment and delivers more smiles per cup
- Drink better coffee. Unlike the competition, we never compromise on quality, service or your happiness. Inferior kettles leak rust into your water over time - ours could outlive your kitchen. The search for coffee that makes you smile ends here
- Complete Peace of Mind - Thousands of customers trust us to deliver on quality and service. Our 100% satisfaction promise means we’re devoted to delivering maximum joy. Whether it’s a refund or just some friendly assistance we’re always there to help
- BREW PERFECT POUR OVER COFFEE AT HOME: Equip your inner barista with this pour over coffee kettle. Use this gooseneck kettle to make delicious pour over coffee in your home like a pro. *Please note that this kettle holds 1.2 liters but we recommend to boil 1 liter at a time, to avoid overflow when boiling.
- BUILT-IN THERMOMETER: It provides a perfect temperature. Water that is too hot will burn your coffee. If it is too cold, you won’t extract the full consistency of the beans. Our stainless kettle comes with an auto temperature gauge which allows you to brew your pour over coffee at the optimal temperature (195-205°F). Make a perfect cup of coffee every time with our easy to read coffee thermometer!
- GREAT GOOSENECK SPOUT: Make a perfect glass of coffee or tea! Smooth water flow is essential in making drip coffee and pour over tea. Our coffee and tea pot has an easy-to-pour gooseneck spout for precise water flow. Pour the right amount of water and pour at the right speed for consistent coffee extraction.
- PREMIUM QUALITY 18/8 STEEL: This stovetop kettle is made from premium surgical-grade stainless steel. While inferior stove top kettles are prone to rust over time, this pour over kettle is made with a double layer metal base to keep your kettle leak-free and rust-free.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We provide premium barista-quality coffee brewing tools for the home baristas. We take pride in the quality of our products and back it up with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty. Our Kettles are suitable for most kinds of boiler or heater such as gas burners, electric, induction, halogen, and radiant stovetops.
- SIMPLE AESTHETIC MEETS POWERFUL DESIGN: Finally, an electric pour-over kettle that pours as good as it looks. The Stagg EKG Electric Pour-Over Kettle marries handsome design with flawless functionality for the ultimate brewing experience. Modern and minimal to complement your other kitchenware. Proudly designed in California. Want to see the temperature in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit? Just switch the temperature toggle on the rear of the base
- PRECISION ENGINEERING: Stagg EKG’s precision pour spout is designed for the optimal pour-over flow rate. With its fluted tip, Stagg EKG has to-the-drop precision with no drip back. Stagg EKG’s counterbalanced handle moves the center of mass back towards your hand - encouraging a more comfortable, slower pour. To speed up your brewing process, Stagg EKG has a 1200 watt quick heating element. Switch the toggle on the back to HOLD mode, and Stagg EKG will maintain the desired temp for 60 minutes.
- VARIABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Did you know that freshly roasted coffee should be brewed at a higher temperature than an older bag of beans? Bean, roast, grind size, and brew method all factor into your brewing temp, and with Stagg EKG, you have to-the-degree control. By turning the dial, you select your temperature ranging from 135°F to 212°F. Even Different types of tea require different temperatures, Stagg EKG’s variable temperature control makes steeping the perfect cup of tea easy.
- BREW LIKE A PRO: Used in barista competitions across the US, Stagg EKG makes brewing like a pro easy. A sleek LCD screen indicates the desired “Set Temp” and “Real Time Temp” with an illuminating element to show the heating progress. After the water has heated, use Stagg EKG’s built-in Brew Stopwatch to time your extraction. Ever wonder about those flavors listed on the bag to describe coffee? Use the right tools like Stagg EKG, and you’ll coax out taste notes like cherry and citrus.
- FULL 1-YEAR WARRANTY AND OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE: Fellow Industries Inc. warrants this product against any defects that are due to faulty material or workmanship for a one-year period after the original date of consumer purchase. Fellow has made customer service and experience one of our number one priorities. We’re proud of our fast response times and we will do whatever it takes to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase.
- GOOSENECK SPOUT KETTLE – Our pour over kettle is engineered with an ergonomic handle and gooseneck spout so you can pour water smoothly with complete control to make the perfect brew!
- BUILT-IN THERMOMETER - Provides control and your perfect temperature. Our kettle with a thermometer gauge allows you to accurately heat up and boil water for coffee brewing and tea.
- PREMIUM GRADE STEEL – Made with high quality stainless steel grade 18/8 aluminum with a triple layer base that will stay rust free and perform for years! We never compromise on quality and offer only the best product for you. Makes the perfect gift for any coffee lover or barista.
- USE ON ANY STOVE TOP – Works on all stove tops whether it be gas, electric, induction, or ceramic. Our kettle is also dishwater safe, making it easy to maintain and clean. It comes with a cleaning pipe brush to easily remove any residue that may accrue from repeated use.
- Available in 3 beautiful colors: Stainless Steel, Glossy Black, and Glossy Copper. Measures 10.5 x 5.5 inches with a capacity of 40 fl oz or 1.2 liters.
- 【It just got a whole lot easier to make a pour-over coffee】Excellent kettle for morning pour over and tea. The slim spout lets you create a gorgeous pour with a rather slow stream. It controls where your hot water falls on your ground coffee, allowing you to more easily achieve a balanced saturation. Just master manual pour-over coffee like a barista at home.
- 【Makes hot water in an instant】Easy to use button controls. Just plug it in, fill the coffee electric kettle with the amount of water up to the fill line, and within a few minutes you quickly have boiled water. Fast heat up of water and automatic shut off for peace of mind. Make your morning tea, oatmeal, French Press coffee and anything else that requires hot water, easier and faster.
- 【100 Percent all-stainless-steel interior】The tea kettle does not contain ANY plastic parts inside including the inner lid, base and spout. It is made of a food-grade of stainless with no dripping chemicals into the water. Never worry about any plastic parts being in contact with boiling water anymore.
- 【Introducing British Strix thermostat control】The gooseneck kettle is designed to serve many years. It is equipped with British Strix thermostat control. Strix is the world leader in kettle controls, providing safer and stabler performance. Using genuine Strix controls guarantees safety and eliminates the risks associated with using low-quality components.
- 【Adds a great aesthetic to the kitchen space】The white enamel covering of the gooseneck eletric kettle make it look simple but attractive. It's cute and doesn't look tacky on the counter, but small enough to fit away in a cabinet. The ergonomic handle is easy to hold, the kettle pours beautifully over a filter without a single drop of lost water.
- BREW PERFECT POUR OVER COFFEE AT HOME: Equip your inner barista with this pour over coffee kettle. Use this gooseneck kettle to make delicious pour over coffee in your home like a pro. *Please note that this kettle holds 1.2 liters but we recommend that you don't add more than 50% of water, since boiling at full capacity risks overflow.The Small Fire is Suggested.
- GOOSENECK SPOUT | CONSISTENT EXTRACTION EVERY TIME: Smooth water flow is essential in making drip coffee and pour over tea. Our coffee and tea kettle has an easy-to-pour gooseneck spout for precise water flow. Pour the right amount of water and pour at the right speed for consistent coffee extraction.
- PREMIUM QUALITY TEA KETTLES STOVE TOP -- This 1 liter, 4 cup stainless steel tea kettle is constructed with premium quality 304 18/10 food grade steel, making it more durable and rust resistant, yet still light-weighted. BPA Free!
- HEATING UP QUICKLY -- Efficiently boils up water for your green tea, oolong tea, white tea, black iced tea, herbal tea, coffee or other drinks that you favor, great for you to make your favorite hot drink,comforting taste of your favorite herbal or green tea in just minutes. Safe to use on Gas, Electric, Induction Stove top for Fast Water heating. It'll get your craving done.
- NEVER BOILS OVER -- Our portable kettle is specifically designed to keep water from spouting out of the gooseneck, meaning you won’t have to clean up the messy when you’re traveling, outdoor camping or at home.
How to choose the
To choose your pour over coffee, you need to take a step back and ask yourself a number of questions. They should concern among others, the product’s ability, coating, power, the existence of a filter, the heating time, the existence or not of a wire, weight, impact sound, etc.
To save you time, here we’ve answered all the questions you might have in your quest for the best cordless kettle or mini kettle on the market.
What type of heater for my pour over coffee?
You have the choice between an electric model or a model that works with an induction hob. The more practical pour over coffee has a built-in resistance that allows water to be heated quickly.
Which design to choose for the pour over coffee?
When it comes to design, it is essentially a matter of taste. So choose the finish of your choice: glass, stainless steel or plastic. These materials respectively reflect elegance, modernity, and simplicity.
Choose the color of your choice, between sober and colorful shades. The styles on offer usually come in three variations, including classic, retro, and modern. Make your selection according to your decor and your preferences.
What material for my pour over coffee : Plastic, Stainless Steel or Glass?
We need to pay special attention to the material and coating of your pour over coffee.
On the market, manufacturers let you choose between 3 types of materials:
Glass utensils are second to none when it comes to adding chic to your kitchen. With an electric glass pour over coffee maker, elegance and finesse come into your kitchen. It’s also a non-rusting material, free of Bisphenol A, and invites you to watch the bubbles boil through it.
However, be careful with the fragility of this material which can break from the first impact if it falls!
Stainless Steel: Shiny And Solid
Stainless steel is the standard material that you can have in your home without spending a fortune. So opting for a stainless steel pour over coffee is choosing ergonomics, durability, and design!
If you want plastic pour over coffee maker that you will easily carry (when traveling, for example), the plastic-coated ones should be fine for you. In addition, plastic offers the advantage of being strong and durable.
What the capacity of pour over coffee to choose?
The capacity of your pour over coffee is a subjective matter which depends only on your needs. If you live alone or with two people, a kettle with a capacity of 1 liter, or the equivalent of 5 cups will do. However, if your tea time is spent at work with colleagues or family, then do not hesitate to choose a kettle with a reservoir that can hold more than 1.5 L of water.
Can I adjust the temperature of my pour over coffee?
If you are a tea lover, it is better to buy a kettle with temperature control. Indeed, green tea, for example, must be infused at a given temperature to really retain all its virtues and all its aroma. Depending on the type of tea: green tea, black tea, infusion, etc. the temperature must be different.
In addition, most kettles offer the keep warm function, so that you can have hot water for a long time.
What power should I choose for my pour over coffee?
Electric accessory, the pour over coffee works efficiently given its healing power which is a determining element at the time of purchase.
For your kettle, the optimum power for fast heating is 2000W. However, power is a factor in the size and therefore the amount of water your pour over coffee has to heat.
For small-sized kettles, which heat less than a liter of water, you can be content with a power of less than 1000 W. From a capacity above 1.5 L, it is better to choose a kettle with a power greater than 2000 W.
Choosing a cordless or corded Kettle?
If for a long time we have been dealing with wired pour over coffees, the concern for ergonomics has led manufacturers to offer more and more cordless models.
Much more practical, the wireless kettle is placed on a wired base which is responsible for heating the water it contains.
When we talk about BPA, we say that only plastic kettles contain it. This is not really correct. Even if stainless steel and glass kettles exist, they still contain a certain amount of plastic, and therefore a risk of BPA.
It is not uncommon for the interior to be plastic while the coating is glass or stainless steel.
Does the pour over coffee have an anti-lime filter?
The anti-lime filter is an important point that allows you to drink purified and healthy water by your kettle. This filter is usually located at the spout and filters the water of any impurities before it ends up in your cup. With an anti-lime filter, water tastes better, and so does your tea.
The other criteria to take into account:
The automatic shutdown function
Thanks to this function, your pour over coffee switches off by itself when the water reaches the desired temperature.
The Noise Impact
The pour over coffee is usually quiet and you might even forget that it is on. You just hear a slight noise that suggests boiling. The best models have an audible signal that alerts you when the water is heating up and also when boiling is finished.
Depending on the use you want to make of it, the space you intend for its storage, you can choose a large or small pour over coffee. Capacity often determines the size of your kettle.
An insulating handle
The handle of your kettle should be insulated to prevent you from burning yourself when serving.
The spout of the pour over coffee should be wide enough without being unsightly. This allows you to fill your cup quickly, without spending endless seconds in it and without splashing yourself!
The pour over coffee is not the kind of product that can be categorized as “expensive”. Whatever your budget, therefore, you are going to buy a very good kettle, both stylish and efficient!
The central element of your pour over coffee, it is this part that allows it to heat. It can be hidden or visible. Opt for a pour over coffee with a hidden resistance for easier maintenance.
The size of the spout and the presence of an audible indicator also contribute to optimal ergonomics. The first allows the drink to be poured easily and quickly into a container. The second tells you at the right time that the liquid has reached the desired temperature.
Some models are equipped with a digital screen to adjust and control the water heating level at any time.
What are the advantages of pour over coffee?
Fast heating speed
Pour over coffee heats up faster compared to its traditional alter ego. It brings the water to a boil after 2 to 3 minutes. The time saving is considerable at this level.
And there is no need to stand by and wait if the device has an automatic shutdown system.
Low Energy Consumption
A pour over coffee consumes little energy thanks to its rapid heating. It is an equipment in phase with the policy of the European Union advocating energy saving.
Its reservoir or base is equipped with a resistance that ensures that the contents reach a high temperature as quickly as possible.
The practical side when traveling
The advantage of using this type of device also lies in the ease of transporting it everywhere, whether the model is wired or not.
The kettle is of reasonable size and weight. Remember to keep its box for easy storage and to take it with you during weekends and holidays.
In addition to heat water, the kettle can be used to prepare the tea, herbal tea, dehydrated sauces, and even soup.
Pour over coffee or pan or microwave?
Pour over coffee s boil water faster than in a pot. Boiling water in a pot on an electric hob, oven with a lid, uses more energy than using an pour over coffee.
The microwave could also be used, but it switches off after a certain time regardless of the water temperature. In addition, a microwave consumes as much energy as an electric hob. In contrast, heating water in a pot on an induction hob is as effective as using an pour over coffee.
However, since most pour over coffee s automatically turn off when the required heat is reached, they do not consume energy unnecessarily.
To avoid unnecessary consumption of energy, there are pour over coffees with adjustable temperature. When the water is not brought to a boil, you will save electricity and the resistance will not scale.
However, it is important to remember to descale pour over coffee s regularly with white vinegar so that they remain effective, especially if the water used is very hard.
How about a whistling kettle instead?
The whistling kettle is a traditional kettle that heats by putting it on a gas or induction hob depending on the model. So you don’t necessarily need electricity, but a heat source. And unlike the pour over coffee, it does not stop automatically but it has many advantages.
Its noise is more pleasant than that of a pour over coffee: a melodious sound alerts you when the water is boiling. The material of whistling kettles is generally stainless steel which allows easy cleaning and does not tarnish.
There are also whistling kettles made of copper, cast iron, or glass. The whistling kettle is an aesthetic device that comes in several colors and does not take up too much space.
How to maintain your pour over coffee?
To enjoy your pour over coffee for the long term, it is recommended to maintain and clean your kettle anti-lime filter regularly. Choose a kettle with a removable anti-lime filter. You can then remove it and clean it in order to put it back in place.
The limestone is the first enemy of your kettle. If it happens that it gets dirty at the bottom, some good natural tips can get rid of it in a jiffy.
To do this, just fill your kettle with an equal amount of white vinegar and water. Then bring the mixture to a boil or let stand overnight. The limestone disappears on its own!
The oyster shell
To prevent limescale from returning, simply place a well-washed oyster shell at the bottom of the kettle. The lime will prefer to settle there rather than at the bottom of your kettle.
Citric acid is a very effective descaler. Just pour 2 tablespoons into your kettle filled with water, then bring to the boil. After intense rinsing, no trace of limescale or tartar.
The maintenance of your electric bathtub depends on the resistance. When it is hidden, maintenance is much easier, as the risk of clogging is limited.