The Keurig brewing system delivers gourmet coffee in less than a minute. However, you will want to keep the coffee maker clean inside and out. Depending on where you live and the mineral content of the water, calcium deposits and the scale can dirty the internal area of the machine, thus affecting the taste of your coffee. Clean the Keurig coffee machine thoroughly every three to six months.
What will you need to descale Keurig 2.0
- White vinegar
- Damp cloth
Steps to follow for Keurig 2.0 descale
- Unplug the Keurig coffee machine and allow it to cool before cleaning.
- Wipe the exterior of the cleaning machine with a clean, damp, non-abrasive cloth.
- Slide the tray toward you to remove and wash in warm water and clean it with soap or on the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Remove the K-cup holder by grasping the top with one hand and pushing up from the bottom with the other hand. Pull out the funnel from the remove holder. Wash the K-cup holder and funnel in warm soapy water or in the dishwasher.
- Remove the water tank from the machine and wash it in the sink with warm soapy water or in the dishwasher. The lid is not dishwasher safe
- Replace all parts that have been cleaned
- Drain the water from the Keurig coffee maker.
- Fill the tank with undiluted white vinegar (B100 uses 1 liter of vinegar, and the mini personal coffee maker uses 100 cl.).
- Place a ceramic mug on the drip tray
- Strain the vinegar into the bowl and pour it into the sink. Strain three more times.
- Fill the tank with clean water and leave the machine to sit for four hours.
- Strain again until the tank is empty of all the water and the Keurig machine is clean and about to make a great coffee.